About the Course
Watch Prof. Younge give an overview to a Swiss audience about the Data Science course now offered in the Seattle area by GIX.
Executives will quickly gain a high-level understanding of an otherwise deeply technical field, and the course will help you to separate AI-reality from AI-hype. Above all, the course will help you identify opportunities that can make a real difference to your bottom line.
The course is limited to 10 participants to foster discussion within the group.
Gustavo Fernandez, CEO - Bridge
- Exploratory data analysis, visualization, and graphing
- Bias, variance, and the bias-variance tradeoff
- Model evaluation and comparison
- Core machine learning methods
- Text analysis and topic modeling
- Neural Networks & Reinforcement learning
- Data-driven business models
- Big Data and Cloud Computing
- Data capture and data augmentation
- Cost/benefit tradeoffs
- Digital Transformation of culture and the organization
- Strategic Human Capital
Preparation + Schedule
No prior training in data science is required for Data Science for Decision Makers, as we start from basic concepts. The fast track is specifically designed for the time-limited executive.
To get the most out of your course, you will:
- be familiar with linear algebra (although we cover very little math)
- be familiar with statistics (although we will review all of the basics)
- be conversant in English (the course will be given in English)
- bring a laptop (Mac, Windows, Linux, or Chromebook)
Data Science for Decision Makers will be offered online, from 8:00 am to noon PST, and is limited to just ten participants.
Stay Updated About Data Science for Decision Makers